- ADA-accessible parking is available at the main parking lot of Constitution Beach. Please use 199 Coleridge Street, East Boston, as the address for the parking lot. To gain access to the main lot, simply show the police officers, park rangers, or parking volunteers at the gate your parking placard.
- Large print maps and activity/day-of-event information will be available at registration.
- There will be an ASL interpreter during the main speaking program, 9:30–10:00 a.m. There will be reserved seating and a standing area near the front of the stage for folks that need to be in sight of the interpreter.
- All restroom locations have ADA-accessible restrooms.
- A “sensory table” with play doh, fidgets, etc. will be located at the Walk with Me tent located near registration.
- The walk route is accessible for both mobility devices and strollers. Because this is an outdoor event, parts of the route may be affected by weather.
- There are benches throughout the route should you need a place to rest. There also will be signs along the route indicating if there is a long stretch without benches. These signs will have the approximate distance to the next bench. These stretches do not exceed .4 miles.
Interactive route and event map
Access an interactive Google map. This includes the following details:
- Transportation information
- Descriptions of all activities
- Route map
- Restroom locations
When you first open the map everything at the park will be clumped together. Just zoom in to view everything in more detail. On the left-hand side, you can uncheck any layer you do not wish to view.
Walk with Me
A little nervous about attending the Walk? Attending alone and want to meet fellow BARCC supporters? This is the place to be!
You’ll find the Walk with Me tent near the registration area. Chat with our staff and volunteers there, and they’ll connect you with someone to walk with. You can also find Walk with Me volunteers wearing yellow Walk with Me buttons around the park and route.
If you need specific accommodations to enjoy the Walk for Change, please feel free to contact us anytime at events [at] barcc.org or 617-649-1260. It is our goal to make this event as accessible as possible. We will do our best to accommodate requests.