- ADA-accessible parking is available at the main parking lot of Constitution Beach. Please use 0 Barnes Ave, East Boston as the address to access the parking lot. When you arrive at the event, simply let the police officers, park rangers, or parking volunteers at the gate know that you need accessible parking to gain access to the main lot.
- Large print maps and activity/ day of event information will be available at registration.
- There will be an ASL interpreter during the main speaking program, 9:30–10:00 a.m. There will be reserved seating and a standing area near the front of the stage for folks that need to be in sight of the interpreter
- There will be a Spanish interpreter during the main speaking program, 9:30-10:00am. There will be a table where they are located near registration. We will also walk programs in Spanish.
- A “sensory table” with play doh, fidgets, etc. will be located at the Walk with Me tent located near registration.
- The walk route is accessible for both mobility devices and strollers. Because this is an outdoor event, parts of the route may be affected by weather.
- There are benches throughout the route should you need a place to rest. There also will be signs along the route indicating if there is a long stretch without benches. These signs will have the approximate distance to the next bench. These stretches do not exceed .4 miles.
- We do not want financial barriers to hold back any of our community from participating; please contact email@example.com if you or your organization need assistance paying the registration fee. If you are able to pay, all fees help to cover the cost of the event and fund BARCC’s free and confidential services for survivors.
If you need specific accommodations to enjoy the Walk for Change, please feel free to contact us anytime at events [at] barcc.org. It is our goal to make this event as accessible as possible. We will do our best to accommodate requests.