- ADA-accessible parking is available at the main parking lot of Artesani Park. When you arrive at the event, simply let the parking volunteers know that you need accessible parking to gain access to the main lot.
- An ADA-accessible shuttle is available from the Central Square/Green Street shuttle stop. Shuttles run both ways until 2:00 p.m.
- Large print maps and activity/ day of event information will be available at registration.
- There will be an ASL interpreter during the main speaking program, 9:30–10:00 a.m. There will be reserved seating and a standing area near the front of the stage for folks that need to be in sight of the interpreter.
- All restroom locations have ADA-accessible portable restrooms.
- A “sensory table” with play doh, fidgets, etc. will be located at the Walk with Me tent located near registration.
- The majority of the walk route is accessible for both mobility devices and strollers. There are some areas where the pavement is not even. These areas will be marked with signage. There are also two slopes (one inclining and one declining) when going across the Eliot Street Bridge. Signage and volunteers will be on hand should you need assistance along the route. Because this is an outdoor event, parts of the route may be affected by weather.
- There are benches throughout the route should you need a place to rest. There also will be signs along the route indicating if there is a long stretch without benches. These signs will have the approximate distance to the next bench. These stretches do not exceed .4 miles.
Interactive route and event map
Access an interactive Google map. This includes the following details:
- Parking and shuttle information
- Descriptions of all activities
- Route map
- Restroom locations
When you first open the map everything at the park will be clumped together. Just zoom in to view everything in more detail. On the left-hand side, you can uncheck any layer you do not wish to view.
Walk with Me
A little nervous about attending the Walk? Attending alone and want to meet fellow BARCC supporters? This is the place to be!
You’ll find the Walk with Me tent near the registration area. Chat with our staff and volunteers there, and they’ll connect you with someone to walk with. You can also find Walk with Me volunteers wearing yellow Walk with Me buttons around the park and route.
If you need specific accommodations to enjoy the Walk for Change, please feel free to contact us anytime at events [at] barcc.org or 617-649-1295. It is our goal to make this event as accessible as possible. We will do our best to accommodate requests.