- This event has passed.
Apr 18: Walk for Change Committee Meeting
April 18, 2019 @ 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
The Planning and Fundraising Committee for BARCC’s Walk for Change is a fun and motivated group of
grassroots supporters that is instrumental in achieving our goals for this annual event. With your
assistance and dedication on this volunteer committee, the 2019 Walk for Change will be our most
The Committee’s goals for the 2019 Walk are to:
– Work with BARCC staff to raise a gross total of $355,300 by:
– Securing $45,000 in Corporate Sponsorships
– Fostering the raising of $250,000 by Walk Fundraisers
– Recruiting 2,000 registrations pre-Walk
o Includes recruiting 400 team/group Walkers
– Create and coordinate spirited and entertaining pre- and post-event festivities
All Committee Members must:
– Attend and actively participate in a majority of Committee Meetings
o Attend all or majority of monthly working committee meetings
o In-person participation is preferred, although a Google Hangout option will be available for
ease of access to meetings.
o E-mail and phone communication will serve as follow-up between meetings.
– Register to participate in the Walk for Change and actively fundraise for the event.
o Committee members are encouraged to raise at least $500 individually or form a team
that raises at least $1,000 for the Walk
– Motivate and encourage Walk fundraisers
o Send personal emails and conduct phone calls to individual Walk fundraisers
– Actively recruit individual and team Walkers
– Spread the word and promote the Walk using social media and other resources
– Assist in soliciting sponsorships
– Solicit in-kind donations such as:
o Food, refreshments, decorations, entertainment, raffle prizes, etc.
– Make a contribution to BARCC at a level that is personally significant to you.
In conjunction, the BARCC staff will:
– Work with you to increase your knowledge of BARCC and the Walk for Change
– Provide you with the tools, scripts, & templates you need to make successful donation requests
– Provide tasty refreshments at each monthly meeting