Every year hundreds of students from local colleges and universities join the Boston Area Rape Crisis Center to walk for change. Joining us at the Walk makes a powerful statement: that as a campus you are committed to ending sexual violence.
Info for Schools
Registering a team for the Walk for Change
Registering a team for the Walk for Change is quick and easy. Simply click here to get started.
A few helpful hints:
- A team captain must first register and create the team. We recommend naming your team something easily recognizable by team members, for example “Mt. Ida Mustangs” or “BU Walks for Change.”
- Once the team has been created, team members can search for and join the team when they register.
- If you’ve already registered, it’s not too late! You can create or join a team anytime. Simply follow these instructions.
- Planning to register team members via tabling or informational fair? Download a paper/offline registration form template.
- Already have your list of team members? Use this handy Excel template to keep everything organized. Once it’s completed, send your list to events [at] barcc.org and we’ll take care of registering your team and confirm that you are ready to walk!
Discount information and payment options
Teams of 10 or more people:
Receive 50% off registration! To get the discount, team captains can contact events [at] barcc.org.
Teams with less than 10 people:
Register and pay for everyone online at barccwalk.org.
- School covers the cost of student registrations. Teams of 10 or more walkers pay just $20 per person to register. If you plan to pay for your team, we will provide you with a discount code that will enable everyone to register for free. We’ll send you an invoice after the Walk for the total number of walkers that used your discount code. Payment can be made online or via check. Need to cap your number of walkers? Not a problem! Just let us know when you e-mail us at events [at] barcc.org for your discount code.
- Students cover the cost of registrations. Teams of 10 or more walkers pay just $20 per person to register. If students will be covering the costs of their registration fees, we will provide you with a discount code that will enable each team member to register for $20 each. E-mail us at events [at] barcc.org to set up your discount code.
Shuttle discount info
Planning to arrive at the Walk for Change via bus? Contact events [at] barcc.org for information on how to get a 10% discount on shuttle service for your group!
Art for BARCC info
Each year the Walk for Change route is decorated with inspirational signage to encourage walkers along the route. The signs are made by our dedicated supporters and Walk Committee members. You can host an Art for BARCC event at your school to recruit participants and create signage for your walkers to carry along the route. Contact events [at] barcc.org to schedule your Art for BARCC event.