8:30 a.m. Registration opens and festivities begin
After you check-in, be sure to check out the following activities and vendors:
- Fun for Kids: Face painting, bubbles, temporary tattoos, crown crafts, super hero masks, and more!
- Sign Making: Show your support for survivors by creating your own empowering sign to carry along the route.
- I Ask…: Interactive art and poetry installation
- Messages to Survivors: Leave an empowering message for yourself, the survivor in your life, or a survivor who has yet to walk through BARCC’s doors.
- Clothesline Project: (content note) Powerful display of t-shirts featuring personal stories of sexual violence
- Team Photos: Gather together and strike a pose in front of BARCC’s backdrop.
- Buttons for BARCC: Add to your collection of consent-friendly and empowering buttons with one of our fun designs.
- Dog Goodies: Stop by this table for a #BARCC4Bark bandana and some treats for your pup.
- Complimentary food: Granola bars, fruit, coffee, and water will be available while supplies last.
- Entertainment: Roaming performances by the Diamond Family Circus Youth Troupe.
- Chair Massages: Bodywaves Therapeutic Massage will be on hand to provide 10-minute chair massages.
- Food Trucks: Pennypackers Food Truck will be selling during registration hour
- Vendors for BARCC – The following vendors will be selling their wares and donating a portion of their proceeds back to BARCC:
Inbound Ink – On site screen printing of exclusive BARCC gear in addition to empowering pre-printed apparel
Porter Square Books – Feminist, self-care, and other relevant titles
Sunny Window – French lavender, olive oil soaps, fine natural products, and elegant treasures
Top Shelf Cookies – Handcrafted, artisan-style cookies
8:45-9:15 a.m. Gentle Standing Yoga Session
Perfect for yogis of all levels. Led by Jillian Baker (Hands to Heart Center) and Laura Valenstein (Majestic Yoga Studio).
9:30 a.m. Walk kick-off rally begins
Speaking program to include remarks from the following:
- Emcee: Kennedy Elsey, Mix 104.1 Morning Show Host
- Gina Scaramella, BARCC Executive Director
- Congresswoman Ayanna Pressley, Beacon Award Honoree and Guest Speaker
10:00 a.m. Walk begins
2.8-mile loop along the East Boston Greenway
11:00 a.m. Post-Walk celebration
- Live musical performances by Veronica Robles Mariachi, Treble Alliance, and Unit One
- Continued food truck service from Pennypacker Food Truck as well as The Bacon Truck, Ben & Jerry’s Catering, The Chicken & Rice Guys, and Chubby Chickpea
- Continued vendor sales
- Beach volleyball, badminton, corn hole, ladderball, Jenga, and Connect Four
- Fun and interactive activities for kids provided by Knucklebones
2:00 p.m. Celebration concludes