9:30 a.m. Join us online in advance of the livestream for the following activities:
- Messages to Survivors: Leave an empowering message for yourself, the survivor in your life, or a survivor who has yet to walk through BARCC’s doors.
- Clothesline Project: (content note) Powerful display of t-shirts featuring personal stories of sexual violence.
- Pets4Prevention: Post pictures of your #Pets4Prevention and see all the cute BARCC pets!
- Photobooth: Strike a pose in front of BARCC’s virtual backdrop or save them and use as a zoom background!
- Entertainment: Check out all the recorded performances by various supportive musical acts!
- Organizations for BARCC: Take a moment to check out the booths of all our partner organizations and community organizations
10:00 a.m. Livestream starts with welcome remarks from Kennedy Elsey of Mix 104.1
10:03 a.m. Community Grounding with Cultural Fabric
10:05 a.m. Virtual Walk for Change Speaking Program
- Speaking program to include remarks from the following:
- Emcee: Kennedy Elsey, Mix 104.1 Morning Show Host
- Sponsor remarks with Encore Boston Harbor
- Gina Scaramella, BARCC Executive Director
- Beacon Award Honorees: Boston Region Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner (or SANE) Program, Boston Bullpen Project, BARCC Volunteers
- Congresswoman Ayanna Pressley, Keynote Speaker
- Video messages to survivors
10:35 a.m. Lessons From the Pandemic: A Conversation between Congresswoman Ayanna Pressley and BARCC Executive Director Gina Scaramella, moderated by Boston Globe reporter Stephanie Ebbert.
11:00 a.m. BARCC Community Breakout: Decompression Session.
11:30 a.m. Celebration concludes
Reach out to our webchat or 24/7 hotline at any time during the event to connect with BARCC support services