8:30 a.m. Registration opens and festivities begin
After you check-in, be sure to check out the following activities and vendors:
- Fun for Kids: Crafts, activities, and more!
- Sign Making: Show your support for survivors by creating your own empowering sign to carry along the route.
- Messages to Survivors Mandala: Leave an empowering message for yourself, the survivor in your life, or a survivor who has yet to walk through BARCC’s doors.
- Clothesline Project: (content note) Powerful display of t-shirts featuring personal stories of sexual violence.
- Team Photos: Gather together and strike a pose in front of BARCC’s backdrop.
- Buttons for BARCC: Add to your collection of consent-friendly and empowering buttons with one of our fun designs.
- Dog Goodies: Stop by this table for some treats and toys for your pup.
- Complimentary food: Snacks, coffee, and water will be available while supplies last.
- Roaming Performances by Boston Circus Guild
- Vendors for BARCC – Vendors will be selling their wares and donating a portion of their proceeds back to BARCC
8:45 a.m. Gentle Yoga Session with Three and a Half Acres Yoga
9:30 a.m. Walk kick-off rally and speaking program begins
Speaking program to include remarks from the following:
- Emcee: Kennedy Elsey, Mix 104.1 Morning Show Host
- Welcome: Duane de Four, BARCC Interim Executive Director
- Presenting Sponsor: Jenny Holaday, President, Encore
- Beacon Award Winners: Saheli and Grace Talusan
- Keynote Speaker: Congresswoman Ayanna Pressley (MA-07)
10:00 a.m. Walk begins
Boston Roller Derby will lead off the Walk!
2.8-mile loop along the East Boston Greenway
11:00 a.m. Post-Walk celebration
- Live musical performances
- Veronica Robles Mariachi Band
- Zoe Levitt
- Unit One
- Food Trucks: Mr. Gourmet, Chicken & Rice Guys, Across the Border, Ben & Jerry’s
- Continued vendor sales
- Fun and interactive activities for kids
- Provided by Knucklebones
2:00 p.m. Celebration concludes
Walk With Me:
A little nervous about attending the Walk? Attending alone and want to meet fellow BARCC supporters? This is the place to be!
You’ll find the Walk with Me tent near the registration area. Chat with our staff and volunteers there, and they’ll connect you with someone to walk with. You can also find Walk with Me volunteers wearing yellow Walk with Me buttons around the park and route.